Description Schaum's has Satisfied Students for 50 Years.
Now Schaum's Biggest Sellers are in New Editions!
For half a century, more than 40 million students have trusted Schaum's to help them study faster, learn better, and get top grades. Now Schaum's celebrates its 50th birthday with a brand-new look, a new format with hundreds of practice problems, and completely updated information to conform to the latest developments in every field of study.
Schaum's Outlines-Problem Solved
More than 500,000 sold!
Linear algebra is a foundation course for students entering mathematics, engineering, and computer science, and the fourth edition includes more problems connected directly with applications to these majors. It is also updated throughout to include new essential appendices in algebraic systems, polynomials, and matrix applications.
Table of Contents
1. Vectors in R and C, Spatial Vectors
2. Algebra of Matrices
3. Systems of Linear Equations
4. Vector Spaces
5. Linear Mappings
6. Linear Mappings and Matrices
7. Inner Product Spaces, Orthogonality
9. Diagonalization: Eigenvalues and Eigenvectors
10. Canonical Forms
11. Linear Functionals and the Dual Space
12. Bilinear, Quadratic, and Hermitian Forms
13. Linear Operators on Inner Product Spaces
14. Multilinear Products